AU Joins SUNY-Wide Roll Out of New Search Interface, Primo
The AU Libraries have migrated to a new search interface called Primo, which will improve library services to the campus. The Library staff will also be using a corresponding new platform, called Alma, which manages all of the libraries’ back-office functions, including circulation, the acquisition and cataloging of print and electronic resources, and resource sharing within SUNY.
Alma/Primo offers library users with several new features, including:
- Mobile-friendly design
- An integrated search of physical and print materials at both Scholes and Herrick (videos, articles, books, databases, etc.)
- Ability to login to your account and renew materials from your home or office.
- Ability to save favorite searches or articles as well as manage personal accounts for renewals and other circulation functions
- Ability to search across the collections of all SUNY Libraries (and beyond) with links to request materials for inter-library loan
- Ability to return AU Library materials to either Herrick or Scholes
The library staff have been working over the last year to prepare for this transition and ensure only minimal disruptions to our patrons. This transition brings exciting changes, so we appreciate your patience as we expand and improve our services. We are aware of some issues with Primo and are working with SUNY and the vendor, Ex Libris, to improve performance.
If you have any questions, please contact us. If you would like to a walk-through regarding Primo and its new features or if you need to report a problem, please don’t hesitate to contact the libraries directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-871-2184 (Herrick) or 607-871-2492 (Scholes).